Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jucy Lucys

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

Mrs. G wanted Jucy Lucys and who am I to argue with her? Momma didn't raise no dumb boy.

Started off with a pound of ground beef, shaped into four patties and placed a slice and a half of American cheese in between them.

Went on the grill at 400F, 4 minutes per side with a 90 degree turn after 2minutes.

Thinking a pound of beef may have been just a bit too much for 2 people. 

Ready to chow down

They were good, but I think next time we will slim down the patties a bit and use just one slice of cheese per burger. Also might try a different cheese. I'm just not a fan of American cheese anymore. Otherwise they were pretty good.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Real nice Jason.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Griff, i didn't know they had a name, we always just called them cheese stuffed burgers - learned something early today. 
    We use pepper jack, mozza or havarti. Swiss produced the best looking burger - but the taste was not the most popular - that was pepper jack. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    I made the for the first time wed. night we loved them, will be doing that again. That pepper jack sounds good. 
  • Look like my burgers! I like putting onion in the middle too, as well as pepperjack cheese. Try hidden valley ranch powder in your beef once too, its pretty amazing.

As always Griff, great looking cook.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• I got to stop looking at this mid-morning...when i see post like this i get incredibly hungry! Looks awesome!
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763

Look like my burgers! I like putting onion in the middle too, as well as pepperjack cheese. Try hidden valley ranch powder in your beef once too, its pretty amazing.

As always Griff, great looking cook.

+1 on onions. I like blue cheese and bacon crumbles too!

Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Looks great.  I'm also a fan of hidden valley.  For cheese, my fav du jour has been Cabot's Seriously Cheddar, which I've been getting at Sam's.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Come on you guys, blue chees, bacon crumbles it's not even 8 am on the west coast yet. Oh ya by the way I put some Penzeys Chicago Steak Seasoning between the patties.
  • It is 11 here in MI, and I am going to Egg my lunch now..... I guess it's not so bad working from home...

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2012
    Ellis said:
    Come on you guys, blue chees, bacon crumbles it's not even 8 am on the west coast yet. Oh ya by the way I put some Penzeys Chicago Steak Seasoning between the patties.
    Know the feeling, I haven't even hit the corn flakes yet....
    Must try the blue cheese inside, SWMBO is not a fan so we usually put the blue on top with some frizzle onion, hers with cheddar. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Thanks for all the kind words. If it wasn't for food shows, I would never have heard the term Jucy Lucy (or as their competitor down the stree calls them Juicy Lucy) To me they were always stuffed burgers.

Like all the ideas on cheeses. Think next time I might go bleu cheese...and bacon crumbles!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Looks good Griffin- for yet another cheese stuffing idea, try using cream cheese and a couple thin slices of jalapeño. That's my favorite way...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I stuff with finely chopped mushrooms, onions and add feta cheese and bacon. I've been using ground filet but haven't tried stuffing them yet.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    I made one for my daughter ( 8 y.o.) recently.  She complained it was too juicy, but has asked me to make her another one about 3 times a week for the last month.....must be it wasn't too bad!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Can everyone else post pics too? And how do you keep them from falling apart or separating?
    Boom
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    FOF-just keep the cheese centered in the patties and press the edges together to seal. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    MQ, That meal looks perfect to me.  Sometimes nothing beats a good burger and some fries/tots/onion rings.
    Dayum.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio