Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

possibly my best purchase, not once but twice

lloydey
lloydey Posts: 11
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Firstly i'd like to say a big hello to all the forum members out there, the tips and advise are just fab, love these pages.

So i had been looking for a new BBQ for about 18 months with no luck, I wanted something that would last, look good and most of all produce great food.
One day wail browsing the inter-web i saw a review of the mini egg, i started watching you tube demos and reading the forums for more information that was it my mind was made up. I managed to pick up a large second hand egg "never been used" with plate setter, pizza stone. I have to say it's one of the best purchases i have ever made. More so as time goes on and the cooking result just keep getting better.
For our summer holiday in Lyme Regis UK i a purchase a mini that was on offer from our local farm shop @ 250 pounds with all the bits. I worked treat on the beach cooking for the kids and adults, second best purchase ever.

I love me eggs so much, just need one of those tables now to accommodate both, so anyone with some plans please share.  

Comments

• Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    edited October 2012
    Welcome aboard and congrats on picking up 2 used eggs. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks
  • Welcome aboard and lets see some pics of cooks. I love reading those posts. Especially those i haven't tried yet. 
  • JwgreDeux
    JwgreDeux Posts: 139
    check out the egg table forum, I'm doing some r&d myself, trying to plan my table.  I've got some good ideas from there.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Welcome to the forum.  Browse through the EGG Table Forum and look at the various designs.  You don't really need any plans, you just need the shelf to top height and the diameters for the holes and you can get those off the BGE table plans on the BGE site.
    Welcome to the zoo. Great price on the mini, from what I've seen of European prices. We thought we had it bad here in Canada, but Europe is much more expensive. 
    Just wondering, how's the price of lump in UK?
    We pay about $14 (tax included) for 8Kg (17.6#), I think that's about 9 Pounds for 8Kg.  

Here in North America, we tend to go on vacation, holidays are those other days off, Christmas, Queen's Birthday etc...
    Look forward to seeing your cooks. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lloydey
    lloydey Posts: 11
    Skiddymarker,

Lumps not cheap in the UK, makes a big difference when you buy it. I managed two 12KG bags for 30 pounds delivered not green egg. It was towards the end of summer here in the UK, most bbq-ers / grillers are packing up the kit for the winter so the shop want rid of stock. Not me 60KG sitting in the garage  to see me through.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2012
    No kidding! 52# for about $47, you are dedicated. with 60Kg in the garage, I'd double the insurance. Take care and enjoy the cooks.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'd be making my own charcoal at those prices....I pay less per pound for Boston butt!