Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

country style rib suggestions?

volsegghead39
volsegghead39 Posts: 28
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
any good tips on country style ribs on the egg?  Thanks

Comments

• tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    I tried this cook a couple weeks ago. I rubbed them with some DP raising the steaks, let them get to room temp. Cooked them direct at 400 degrees. slathered some BBQ sauce on em and cooked a few more minutes then we ate. Tasted pretty good. Next time when I have more time to cook them I will try an indirect cook to give them a little of that smoke flavor.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    They are very good at low temps indirect too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I smoke them for an hour at 275 to 300 dome temp.  Take them off the grill, raise the Egg temperature and sear them for a couple of minutes on each side (this step may not be necessary). Put the ribs in a foil pan, dump some bbq sauce and a bit of apple juice in, cover with foil and return to a 300 degree egg for one to two hours depending on how thick your ribs are.  It may even take 3 hours.  They are delicious!  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168

Here's one that works-very close to Stranger's approach above-

Cook them indirect (250*F) till they are somewhat brown, an hour and a half to two hours.  Wrap them in heavy duty foil, and cook another hour. Open, and test for tenderness. They should be sitting in steaming broth of their own making. If they are starting to fall apart, pour off the juices, and place leave them in the open foil pouch. They will begin to brown up again in the open air.

Take the juices, mix with some BBQ sauce, and cook down.

At the end, remove the meat from the pouch, and brush with the sauce. Give them 10 -15 minutes till the sauce becomes thick, but not burnt.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • This has been a big hit at tests. CSribs, favorite seasoning, seared to crust.  Place in 8x11 glass pan pour over favorite BBQ sauce and beer.  Cover tightly with HDAF and cook at 350 indirect till fork tender (about 2 hours).  Remove from sauce and place on grate to caramelize.  Strain grease from sauce. Serve sauce for dipping. Cooked this twice at two different feast with positive feedback. (nothing left)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx