Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tips on reheating brisket need some advice please.

Options
Hangfire77
Hangfire77 Posts: 45
edited October 2012 in Beef
Hello all, I am going on a camping trip in about ten days. I am doing my first brisket for the group we are going with. I have the lbge and have taken it camping before. So the bringing of the egg isn't the issue,what's going on is we are heading to graves mountain for the annual apple festival. The day we are doing the big group dinner is the same day as the festival, so I can't be there in case it finishes early. So I am planning on cooking it the day before when I am at the campground and can watch it. So my question is this What is the best way you guys have found to reheat the brisket and keep it moist? Do I cut it up or leave it whole? Someone mentioned a sauce in case it's dry. What type of sauce? BBQ? Any help would be great. Thank you

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You don't want to cut it unless you submerge it in sauce.  Cut after reheating. 

Two methods come to mind for reheating.

1. Put in foodsaver bags. You might have to divide into smaller chunks.  Reheat by throwing the foodsaver bags into boiling water.

2. (This is how pastrami is reheated)  Steam.  Put the brisket on an oven rack in a turkey pan with about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom.  Cover the top (jiffy-pop style with foil if you don't have anything else.  Apply heat to the bottom to create steam.  Heat to 160-190 internal.  Cut, serve.