Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a vintage Egg in California?

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Saw this posted on ebay.  If I were closer to Roseville, CA, I think I'd get it just to have in the yard

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I'd buy that. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I new york second that.
    I bid on it! Saw it the other day and forgot about it! Thanks Would really like a small to go with my large! However, this one is kind of cool!
  • EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    Options
    My brother lives out there and can hold it for me when I visit him in November. I might wait to the last second and bid if it stays at a decent price.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    I kick myself every time I see 2nd hand eggs for sale. A few years ago we listed a home for sale and the folks moving said oh that's a great BBQ you can have it if you want... It was a small bge. I declined thinking it looked like such a mission to deal with... Little did I know aargh!!!!
    Lynnwood WA
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,079
    Options
    Looks like there are wires running between the holes in the firebox.  Any ideas on what those are for?  Perhaps a long lost method to keep them from clogging, although I don't know how that would work?

Also, notice the fire-ring, it has those 5 scalloped cutouts along the top edge that we still have to this day.  I've always wondered why they are there.  Any ideas?

Kind regards,
    dbCooper
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA