Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Looking for a vintage Egg in California?

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,453
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Saw this posted on ebay.  If I were closer to Roseville, CA, I think I'd get it just to have in the yard

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,875
    I'd buy that. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 17,920
    I new york second that.

• I bid on it! Saw it the other day and forgot about it! Thanks Would really like a small to go with my large! However, this one is kind of cool!
  • EggerinLAEggerinLA Posts: 186
    My brother lives out there and can hold it for me when I visit him in November. I might wait to the last second and bid if it stays at a decent price.
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    I kick myself every time I see 2nd hand eggs for sale. A few years ago we listed a home for sale and the folks moving said oh that's a great BBQ you can have it if you want... It was a small bge. I declined thinking it looked like such a mission to deal with... Little did I know aargh!!!!
    Lynnwood WA
  • Looks like there are wires running between the holes in the firebox.  Any ideas on what those are for?  Perhaps a long lost method to keep them from clogging, although I don't know how that would work?

Also, notice the fire-ring, it has those 5 scalloped cutouts along the top edge that we still have to this day.  I've always wondered why they are there.  Any ideas?

Kind regards,
    dbCooper