Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have a big wiener....

Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
.....actually three cooking on the Egg right now for lunch.  For a change I bought the gigantic dinner sized ones and I'm having them with baked beans.

Done direct, raised grid at 350 with many turnings over about 15 minutes until the case just started to split.

Beans done by opening the can, slurpping it into a sauce pan and adding a little onion.

Ah, a holiday home alone, with The Battle of Brittan CD on the big screen, beanies and wienies with grilled wieners, and a bourbon.  Nice relaxing lunch.

A title wink at ya' Travis.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Pics

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• I actually thought you were the one with the mourning wood.

• Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    I grew up not terribly far from Coney Island and I really enjoy the Nathan's hot dog but you can't beat the Hebrew national for the best taste.  What do y'all think?
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I just bought some Hebrew national's a couple weeks back.  There was a hot dog thread on here and it convinced me to try them.  Honestly, I didn't care for them at all.  Just not for me.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Ok ok thats a good one.  :ar! :bz
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Zick said:

I grew up not terribly far from Coney Island and I really enjoy the Nathan's hot dog but you can't beat the Hebrew national for the best taste.  What do y'all think?

Can't lose either way....but I'd probably choose Nathan's.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ok ok thats a good one.  :ar! :bz
    Not really.  Look guys, I consider each of you friends, and I take a chance of pi$$ing you off, but this crap is getting out of hand.  To me, it sounds like a bunch of grammar school kids saying something nasty and giggling about it.

I can talk trash with the best of you, and you will blush at some of my B.S., but this isn't the place for it.  We have some very nice ladies here, and I have noticed a decline in their participation lately.  Is this what you want?

C'mon.  Let's clean it up a bit.  OK ?????

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You are right Gary. I was gonna make a smart azz reply but there is a line.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Not really.  Look guys, I consider each of you friends, and I take a chance of pi$$ing you off, but this crap is getting out of hand.  To me, it sounds like a bunch of grammar school kids saying something nasty and giggling about it.

I can talk trash with the best of you, and you will blush at some of my B.S., but this isn't the place for it.  We have some very nice ladies here, and I have noticed a decline in their participation lately.  Is this what you want?

Agreed. Good call, Gary. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Little Steven
    BTW, I was gonna say they all look big on a mini

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390

Agreed. Good call, Gary. 

+1  I agree whole hearteldy.  Although it is fun in spirit ( and i can not say it does not make me laugh.....)  we have all kinds of people on this forum.  sometimes my 8 year old included, like right now as she looks over my shoulder!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    +1 for Gary
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    why would one be ashamed of a big weiner
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    hate the game, not the player!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Little Steven
    why would one be ashamed of a big weiner
    :D
    No idea
    :\">

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I'm glad you had a big weiner instead of a cocktail weinie, Doc.  You know, for lunch.  Get your mind out of the gutter!  VI is right of course, but A+ on the title!
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited October 2012
    uh oh, someone's gonna use this as an excuse to tell the world about their Vienna Sausage ABTs :)
    edited October 2012

I agree as well.  Look, I'm a biker hillbilly from WV, worked in the coal mines & have been to many biker rallies attended by the likes of the Hells Angels & Pagans, just to name a few.  My dad's a biker, truck driver, volunteer firefighter, and ex-coal miner.  Most of my friends & family are blue-collar, salt-of-the-earth ppl.  I now live in the San Fransisco Bay Area (ground-zero for Soddom & Gomorrah style "anything-goes" lifestyles), so BELIEVE me, I've heard & seen stuff that would make Larry Flynt blush. 

However, there is a time & place.  One of the things on another forum that I could never understand is why they would allow one person to continually post semi-lewd, suggestive pics of girls who are young enough to be his granddaughter on there.  The other guys sure got a kick out of it, and "egged" him on (no pun intended), but come on... I mean, with all the "other" places to go on the internet for your ogling pleasure - if you have to go to a BBQ forum for your p*rn, you've got a problem!! 

My guess is that their wives would kick their *$$ if they found out they were going to "bad" sites on the internet, so their only "release" was to ogle the barely-legal, half-dressed girls that the old pervert kept posting.  Honestly, I don't think he can help himself, as he has been warned on more than one occasion to stop. 

It would be a shame for this forum to end up the same way and we lost some good people posting (including the ladies who BBQ & frequent this site, as VI stated) - all because they started feeling uncomfortable around Jr. High School innuendos.

JMHO (off my soap-box)
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Doc_Eggerton
    I don't take any of this personal, since this has turned into a game played by a number of posters.

Juvenile humor - yup
    Funny because it is juvenile humor - yup
    Malicious to anyone, mean or cruel - nope
    Same sort of stuff kids joke about every day, and way less than available on TV or internet - yes
    Has the giggling stopped - apparently

I will cease and desist for the sake of family harmony

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    I enjoyed doc. Can't please them all.

There is a joke there somewhere.
  • Zick
    All I wanted to know was Nathan's or Hebrew National. Come on folks lets get back to the food.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Don't sweat it doc.  I think every third grader in the country knows at least one wiener joke, and they know it's synonymous with hot dog.  And if they can read, they'll know this is a food forum and hot dogs are food. 

Hebrew National.  Because I love the name.
    Exactly Doc. Please people are kidding me? Choose your hot dog.
  • Zick
  • Zick
  • Zick
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited October 2012
    I enjoy your cooks but agree the titles are getting out of hand
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47