Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

TastyLicks BBQ.

HashmakerHashmaker Posts: 149
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I ordered a gasket from them a week or so ago and installed it. Followed the directions to a t. I put the seam in the same spot as the original gasket. The gasket started to pull off the egg at the seam just like the original gasket did. I sent TastyLicks an e-mail asking them about it. I got a response within a couple of hours. It was kind of a standard response...did I follow the instructions? Did I put it in the dryer? Did I clean it good enough? I responded with yes, yes and yes but added that I put the bottom seam at the back of the base and the top a little offset and asked if opening and closing the dome could cause this issue. I didn't get an e-mail back from them. I got a phone call. Fred called me and talked to me about his technique for installing the gasket. He is sending me a new gasket for free. Pretty impressive. Thanks to TastyLick for good customer service!

Comments