Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Meat Feast

Scott805Scott805 Posts: 172
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

Well, my Dad (Food Salesman) brought me some Beef, Lamb and Quail to my house last week.  Decided to cook last night for my daughter and son-in-law.  Ribeyes rubbed with Raisin' the Steaks, Lamb rubbed with salt and garlic powder and quail rubbed with Shakin' the Tree.  Had roasted potatoes, carrots and onions along with a homemade Ceasar Salad.

Pretty tasty!

Scott

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·

Comments

• Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Good looking cook
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,035
    That is a mighty fine looking meal!   Did you cook it all direct?   I have not tried quail.  Taste just like chicken?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • That looks delicious!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    ·
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 172
    All direct at 500 degrees.  Ribeyes 2 minutes per side, lamb at 3 minutes per side, quail at 4 minutes per side.  Finished ribeyes to 140 internal.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    Mighty fine lookin meal. Been awhile since I've had quail. Would love to get my hands on some.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·