Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken is good, ribs are good, steak is good.....

Options
Badger
Badger Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,
So I was thinking to myself that tonight I should come out of the closet and actually start posting here instead of reading and learning and enjoying all of the other posts - when I sat down I did a double take as Get Sirius has a profile much like mine - I promise I'm not a copycat! [p]My profile in a nutshell - transplant to the south from Minneapolis - been grilling since I knew how to cook, on Weber kettles, probably how I learned to cook - own a Weber Performer and cooked 5-6 times per week summer and 2-3 in winter (Minnesota so you know I'm a diehard) - been curiously investigating the BGE online for a couple of years - started working in Atlanta in April while commuting - discovered the original BGE store and wished I wasn't living in a corporate apartment - moved to Atlanta full time in June and bought my first egg one week later - cooked my first meal and told my wife I might need to sell the Weber and buy another egg for the deck (dodging thunderbolt) - have 20 pounds of briquettes that I'm not sure I'll ever use....[p]And so on - I can't imagine a better cooker than this, and just received my Maverick dual thermometer today, so am ready to cook one or the other this weekend - the 5-pound brisket or the two 7-pound butts that are in my refrigerator. The loser gets to experience the frozen depths of food Siberia. The golf schedule is going to decide the winner.[p]Anyway, I really enjoy this forum and it is a great source of cooking information - get ready for a ream of questions from me, especially considering I am a new BGE owner and resident of the South![p]BTW - I have read a lot about rubs around here but nobody ever mentions my favorite - Worcestershire powder! Fantastic on pork (especially) and beef as well.

Comments