Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

finally able to use LGE

Options
bluecrab
bluecrab Posts: 4
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

The house addition is complete and I'm finally able to use my LGE. It has been an experience but I've enjoyed every minute of it!!. Some of my attempts have been only fair but I guess that's part of the process.I do have 2 questions. I purchased a BGE cover for my unit which is mounted in a long table. Both the original and the replacement covers leak rain water. Has anyone had a similar issue and what was the solutuon? The 2nd question-- after a complete shutdown what is the expected time for the unit to cool enough to replace the cover? I'm finding it takes 3 to 4 hours to cool. Seems long to me!!

I've attached some photos of my set-up plus soem of my first attempts.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Man that all looks good. Love the table. One question...is your gasket new? I've heard of covers leaking...I go sans cover.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Great cooks. 
    No help on the cover.
    With respect to cooling, my MBGE can take anywhere from 2 hrs to 4 hrs to cool. If we do a quick 450 grill, 20 minutes to get ready, 20 minute cook then snuff, it is cool in less than 2 hrs. Last weekend the egg went on at noon, off at 6:00PM, various cooks from brats to potatoes to appies and steaks, it was still quite warm at 10:00PM. Once it's hot it stays hot. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bluecrab
    Options

henapple-- the entire set-up is new. I'm storing so much "stuff" on the shelves (recently added a bottom shelf) that I hate to go without cover. Thanks for the feedback

Skiddymarker-- guess my cool down time is normal. Thanks