Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Repurposed Egg Nest

BakerManBakerMan Posts: 154
edited October 2012 in Off Topic

My wife and I were sitting outside last night enjoying the cool Fall air and we decided it was time for a fire.  We have a clay Chiminia we like to use (infrequently) so it is usually off to the side of the patio and needs to be carried over to the seating area.  I started moving the Chiminia and thought it would be way more useful on wheels and then it hit me- I have an empty Egg Nest in the shed,  So now the Chiminia can be moved with ease.

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA
"When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"

Comments

• hehehehe... LOVE it!! 

P.S.  I have the same bellows which I use when lighting my Egg (well, not the SAME ones, as those ones in the pic are yours & I've never borrowed yours, but I have *similar* ones) :D
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Not me.  I've been sneeking over to Bakerman's place for years borrowing his bellows without him knowing.  It started when he was on vacation and I took an unauthorized dip in his pool.  I saw the bellows and the rest is history.  Sorry Bakerman.  I never would have thought of doing it, but Barney dared me.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• BakerManBakerMan Posts: 154

@HH - I was 1 cigar and 1/12 glasses of wine into the evening when the inspiration hit.  It was dark when I jammed it in there.  I gave it another look this morning in the day light and it fits like it was made for it.  What's nice is I can move it anywhere on the pool deck with ease so I suspect we will use it more now.

@Fred19Flintstone - You can borrow my bellows and swim in my pool but if you mess with my Egg...we got drama. LOL 

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA
    "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • BakerMan said:

@Fred19Flintstone - You can borrow my bellows and swim in my pool but if you mess with my Egg...we got drama. LOL 

:))

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,036
    edited October 2012

P.S.  I have the same bellows which I use when lighting my Egg (well, not the SAME ones, as those ones in the pic are yours & I've never borrowed yours, but I have *similar* ones) :D
    I have a set like that too.  It took a while for the kids to accept them.  There's no place to plug them in. 
    :))
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 9,002
    Looks like a character on Yo Gabba Gabba :)