Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the egg

bonehed
bonehed Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

Today I started my first low and slow on the egg(a 10# briscut). I hope everything i've read is true about 12 + hours cooks on one bunch of lump. Never done a briscut done baby backs and pork butts on a old offset but sick of having two grills laying around the back yard. I hope to learn alot on this forum and from what i have read people seem very helpful. So wish me luck on this new egg and some day maybe i can be helpful to someone starting out. Keep all the good posts coming and thank you to this great forum

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    A full fire box of lump should easily go 12 hours with a dome temp around 250. Filled to near the top of the fire ring, more like 24. The biggest worry is ash buildup over a long time, which can clog the airflow. If you see the temp fading after 10 - 12 hours, bend a coat hanger so it can be poked up thru the bottom grate to loosen any ash clog.

Good luck on the brisket. By comparison, ribs are as easy as falling off a log.
  • Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    I burned for over 24 hours a few weeks ago.  I was using the Stoker so I'm not sure what affect that has.  Good luck.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Welcome. Good luck. I've gone 20 hrs straight. Don't get too worried about temp fluctuation...just not too low. Have fun.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN