Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turtle eggs for an office party. Can you cook them the night before and reheat?

Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering if anyone has done this. If so what's the best way to reheat them? All we have at the office is a microwave. I have a crockpot but I don't think that'll work.
·

Comments

• Are you serious? I'm getting queasy thinking about it.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808
    They're very similar to meat balls, which are very frequently made in advance and re-heated, or made, cooked, frozen and reheated.  I'd use a crock pot to reheat over beaming them in a microwave.  Not having done this, I admit it's speculation.  But I think a safe risk that I would take.

·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 411
    Why not just put them in an ice chest (sans ice of course) layered with towels after timing them to come out a couple of hours before the event?

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    I reheated some yesterday...they were still good. Maybe not as good, but good nonetheless.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·