Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh oh!

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ...and new breaking news....thousands of locals appear at the scene of the Royal Oak charcoal plant fire equipped with hot dogs and marshmallows on sticks....
    Thanks for the heads up !!

Opelika, Alabama
  • Smoker_Guru
    Options
    There goes the price of R.O.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    And possums and squirrels are due to go on in an hour or so.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Looks like a trip to Walmart tomorrow.  Thanks, Steve.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 354
    edited October 2012
    Options

Gary

Don't know if it was a lump or briquette plant or if they did both but it was 1000 feet long by 100 feet wide. The bags were palletized and stacked on racking to some level. Gotta be a few pesos lost there

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Sounds like briquette with the mention of the lighter fluid.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Or in a briquette area if the plant did both...
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Options
    Just read another article about this and it mentioned it was at a plant that produces "ready light" charcoal. Not sure if they have multiple plants or not. Sure hope they have a good insurance policy for their inventory.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    "Where there's confusion, there is profit."  I heard that in a movie somewhere.  Anyway, I used it as an excuse to Wilma to buy up some more lump before the price increases.  Because she's a proud cheapskate, she relented and I grabbed up another 220#.  It was all that was on the shelf at the store.  In every cloud, there IS a silver lining!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    ...and new breaking news....thousands of locals appear at the scene of the Royal Oak charcoal plant fire equipped with hot dogs and marshmallows on sticks....
    Dammit, you owe me a new keyboard!   :))

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    "Where there's confusion, there is profit."  I heard that in a movie somewhere.  Anyway, I used it as an excuse to Wilma to buy up some more lump before the price increases.  Because she's a proud cheapskate, she relented and I grabbed up another 220#.  It was all that was on the shelf at the store.  In every cloud, there IS a silver lining!
    Hoarder!!!
    Read that carefully, good move on your part.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    It hasn't gotten to the point where there are narrow meandering paths in the garage with bags of lump stacked everywhere.  So if you're reading this A&E Channel, don't show up at my door with a camera crew and a psychologist.  By the way, I also collect ammo.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    I just realized that lump is a new "hurricane supply" for me... time to go buy some up. On a related note, I was about to ask whether Royal Oak lump charcaol is a good alternative... it looks as though I have my answer.
    :D

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Parallel said:
    I just realized that lump is a new "hurricane supply" for me... time to go buy some up. On a related note, I was about to ask whether Royal Oak lump charcaol is a good alternative... it looks as though I have my answer.
    :D
    Royal Oak manufactures many different brands in addition to their own including BGE.  I buy GFS (Gordon Food Service) which is by RO.
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Just went through my first bag of RO. I like it and will probably stock up.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN