Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My built in BGE Table

RallyEgg
RallyEgg Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in EGG Table Forum
We have been wanting a table for the Egg since we got it but couldn't ever find the right one. So this year we decided to just make it ourselves. I designed a frame around some stainless drawers and a door I was able to find through Home Depot.

Next I decided to do the face and the area surrounding the BGE with Shao-sugi-ban treated cedar. This ancient Japanese process involves charring the outside of cedar planks and then brushing the ash into the grain. The result is a great espresso color that has extra rot, insect, and fire deterrents.

The burning process

The charred piece on the right and the color after brushing the char into the grain.

the final color of the wood. Again, this has no stain.

We then finished the side and back with a stacked stone siding and then had a friend pour concrete counter and egg platform with a dark charcoal stain to it.

Now I just need to start cooking something.

Comments