Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Look at my muffin

NewbbqerNewbbqer Posts: 78
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Blueberry and Chocolate chip muffins!
image.jpg 2.5M
·

Comments

• Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Looks great. Are those composite sides on your nest stock or did you buy them elsewhere. I have never seen those before.
    ·
  • I bought that. It's called the roost table. I love it! I'll post a pic of the whole thing if I can find it.
    ·
  • Here it is
    image.jpg 3.2M
    ·
  • Don't know why they are coming up sideways!
    ·
  • Newbbqer said:
    Here it is
    Also have never seen this table - where did you find this at? Thanks.....
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
    ·
  • I bought it from my BGE dealer, but it comes from select outdoor kitchens. It attaches directly to the cradle. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it.
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    edited October 2012
    That is sweet. I've built a table for my large but if and when I get another egg that roost table is on the list.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Checked out their web site. They make some beautiful Egg tables. http://www.selectoutdoorkitchens.com/
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,339
    The roost is a pretty cool solution.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • How come the inside of your egg looks unused?  Do you have 2 eggs?

·
  • The picture with the roost was taken when I first bought my egg. It doesn't look like that now (as far as the inside of egg). Unfortunately I don't get to cook on it as much as I'd like, but that is changing as we are getting into the season I love to cook! :)
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,759
    Cool. How'd the muffins come out?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,480
    Indeed, how did the muffins come out?
    See you have a new Maverick as well, the probe is far too clean. 
    Thanks for sharing!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Muffins came out perfectly cooked!  So strange standing next to a grill smelling blueberry muffins though.LOL.  Brand new Maverick is right.  Worked like a champ as far as wirelessly transmitting the temp.  However, My dome temp was showing hotter than grate temp.  One of the two needs to be calibrated.  Going to work on that tonight.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,759
    Nope, just ignore the dome temp if you are using a maverick (or other device) to check grate temp. There's often a difference between the two, but you are cooking at grate level, not at dome level.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,116
    Newbbqer said:
    Muffins came out perfectly cooked!  So strange standing next to a grill smelling blueberry muffins though.LOL.  Brand new Maverick is right.  Worked like a champ as far as wirelessly transmitting the temp.  However, My dome temp was showing hotter than grate temp.  One of the two needs to be calibrated.  Going to work on that tonight.
    That may not be the case. I've noticed/experienced on several cooks that there will be a difference between the dome and grate temp during a cook.  If I'm doing a low and slow, the dome temp and grate temp will eventually match or be very close.  Until the Egg gets enough time to be running at "full efficiency" where the ceramic is fully heated, you can notice a difference. If left to cook long enough, mine always read about the same.  Just my experience.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • I always thought the grate temp could be up to 20 degrees higher than temp.  Thats why I was thrown off on the dome being higher than grate?

·
  • Oh, speaking of the Maverick, interesting I was at my dealer the other day and saw a thermometer in a Big Green Egg packaging.  Turns out it is the Maverick ET 732 dressed up with BGE logo's.  $10 more than the straight up Maverick.
    ·
  • Here's a pic of the back of the roost, if you look at the side you'll see it has hooks for tools. Has it on both sides. Also a pic of a finished muffin! :)
    image.jpg 1.2M
    image.jpg 757.5K
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,892
    That muffin looks like it's levitating!  It's magic! ;)

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,480
    That muffin looks like it's levitating!  It's magic! ;)
    Now that is a light, melt in your mouth muffin.......
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • FoskFosk Posts: 7

That's one of those "LITE" muffins.

Is that Roost really $1000?  I did a quick search for it and that's the only price I could find.  If so, that's just a tad outrageous I believe.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    I love the roost but if Fosk is correct....that's a hefty price. Nevertheless, you have a great set up.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Yes that is the price. I thought they were proud of it too. My family chipped in and got it for me for my birthday. But after having it for awhile I have to say I'm glad they did. I have not had it covered and it has not faded or anything. It's a quality piece. I like that it has the looks of a nice table yet it is still portable with the wheels.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    I got my egg and table for my anniversary, birthday, Christmas, father's day, etc....till 2015. Though now that the food is so good....I might start getting some accessories.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·