Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Ozark Oak Lump Charcoal Update

SmokingOzarksBBQSmokingOzarksBBQ Posts: 151
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to provide an update on lump pricing. I just picked up 2 - 10lb bags at Harps in central Arkansas for 4.98 per 10lb bag. I thought that was a great price at 50c/lb. I have searched the net to find something cheaper but to no avail. I also hear Ozark Oak is pretty top notch but I will have to see when I open the new bag. Any thoughts or updates on pricing are welcomed.
·

Comments

• $10 here. Great stuff though

·
  • 10 dollars for 10 lbs? Did I read that right? What city are in?
    ·
  • 10 dollars for 10 lbs? Did I read that right? What city are in?
    yep- unfortunately so. i'm in Austin TX

·
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 431
    OO #1

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443

It was real good till all you people started to make off with it in Austin. Hell, it was a low priced lump. Then every one and their dog thought it was the best thing they burnt (yep,me as well) and now we pay a bunch for it [-(

IMO it is the best lump on the market.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • $10 a bag here in Shreveport.  It's all I use.  Buy all the bags before they jack the price up!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

·
  • Mickey said:

It was real good till all you people started to make off with it in Austin. Hell, it was a low priced lump. Then every one and their dog thought it was the best thing they burnt (yep,me as well) and now we pay a bunch for it [-(

IMO it is the best lump on the market.

In the 6 months I've been using it, BBQ Outfitters has gone from $8 to $10 (or maybe even $10.99 now). It is great lump though.

·
  • Talked to a guy at Harps today and he said they should be running a sale or a 10lb bag for 3.98 starting tomorrow. I'll be sure to update if that price holds true.
    ·
  • $4.98 per bag is great.  I sent Harps an email to see if they will ship.  Ozark Oak used to have a  good deal for 12 bags shipped but they raised the price.  Very good product.
    ·
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    $10.50 at my local dealer here in Dallas. If I could find it for $5 a bag, I'd stock it in a heartbeat.

Hands down the best lump / IMO
    ·
  • llrickmanllrickman Posts: 488
    In Lubbock, Tx  Ozark Oak is 11-12 bucks a bag  10lb but ive never used anything i like better.
    One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
    ·
  • LDRLDR Posts: 173
    edited October 2012

Grabbed a few bags at the Harps in Benton, AR tonight - 4.98 a bag and many bags in stock.  Won't have an egg until the eggfest in Plano in four weeks, but I'll be ready to go!

·
  • Confirmed Ozark Oak 10 lb bag on sale at Harps Foods for 3.98/bag. I'M STOCKING UP!!!!
    ·
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 258
    JWBurns said:
    $10.50 at my local dealer here in Dallas. If I could find it for $5 a bag, I'd stock it in a heartbeat. Hands down the best lump / IMO
    Curious - where in Dallas do you find Ozark lump?
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
    ·
  • DonWW- I have purchased it at Elliots hardware. The Ace hardware in Keller carries it, but I'm not sure if all of them do. I'm pretty sure Jackson's carries it too. Also, if you have a BBQ Outfitters nearby, they carried it the last time I stopped in.

Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    DonWW said:
    JWBurns said:
    $10.50 at my local dealer here in Dallas. If I could find it for $5 a bag, I'd stock it in a heartbeat. Hands down the best lump / IMO
    Curious - where in Dallas do you find Ozark lump?
    Gold Medal Pools in Frisco
    ·
  • $4.98 per bag is great.  I sent Harps an email to see if they will ship.  Ozark Oak used to have a  good deal for 12 bags shipped but they raised the price.  Very good product.
    Did you find out if they can ship to you? Its now 3.98/10lb bag. 
    ·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 258
    Does anyone know where to get Ozark in Orlando?
    ·
  • Dan4BBQ said:

Does anyone know where to get Ozark in Orlando?

Seems rather far. Not sure they ship that far south east. I heard they are cutting back because they don't have the capacity to keep up with demand. Not sure of the validity of that though.
    ·