Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife Pizza Project

LongboardR
LongboardR Posts: 101
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
So, last night was the wifes choice for Pizza. We had a classic margherita pizza (sorry did not get a pic) and did a white pizza. The white pizza had a pesto base, grilled chicken strips, and a mix of grated smoked gouda and mozarella. It was quite good and gobbled up. It was not perfect and a trial run on a new stone. I also switched the set up-placed plate setter legs up and grate on, set some bricks on top of grate and raised the stone higher up. The crust was perfect but a little less crispy in the middle. Think I am going to change legs down and build brick on top of that. Any suggestion would help.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Everything u did was fine, might be too much dough. To me less is more and you get better cooks, and less calories per slice.
    Seattle, WA
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    SkinnyV said:
    Everything u did was fine, might be too much dough. To me less is more and you get better cooks, and less calories per slice.
    +1.  I have found that incremental increases in the dough thickness does not result in the nice crispy crust that our family enjoys. 
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Could be you didn't allow enough time for all that mass to warm up, could be the dough was too thick, could be you didn't cook it long enough. Not enough details to give a better answer.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• I used the dough mix from Publix. Dont think it was too thick but next time will trim some out. The BGE and stone were fired at 500ish. I think the bricks caused the inside of stone to be cooler than the outside. Actually, I think I may be being picky as the pies were actually really good. Just chasing perfection...and a process that I can repeat again and again...thanks for the input guys...