Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Sulfer Smelling Ribs

GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
edited September 2012 in Pork
I had to work this morning and decided to try a small butcher shop that is in the little town that I was working in.  It was a nice place.  I wish we had a place like it in Decatur.  

Anyway.  After hundreds and hundreds of slabs of ribs, these had that sulfer smell that I have heard about.  It was a big puff right in my face when I first popped the plastic.  After a quick google search, I decided to try them anyway.  What I could find says that if the smell goes away quickly, wash them off and press on.  

Well, I'm still alive. They did have a small hint of that taste though. I'm drinking whiskey to hopefully kill off any bad stuff.  
Large BGE

Decatur, AL

Comments