Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gadget Question(s)

Options
tillerman7
tillerman7 Posts: 18
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I was wondering if there was a wireless digital temperature probe that the majority of you all would or could recommend?  Also, as some of you might have seen I am building a table for my XL BGE and was wondering what you guys use in the way of lighting.  I'd like LED lighting to use while cooking, not for aesthetics...

Comments

• calracefan
    Options
    I think most use the Maverick Et 732 ,it is what I have. As for lighting , can't help there !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    Options
    This is what I use to start a fire. Harbor Frieght.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    I think most use the Maverick Et 732 ,it is what I have. As for lighting , can't help there !
    +1
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

+1

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    +1 on the Maverick ET732. Usually available for $50-60. Evidently the BGE wireless is a Mav. However, it depends what you plan to cook. The BBQ Guru Digi-Q is also popular for those wanting to control the temp as well as monitor it. If you plan to do a lot of low and slow overnighters etc... and don't mind spending a couple of hundred dollars, this uint might be for you. some folks have had problems with the Maverick, others have had them for years. 
    I think the key with the Mav's is too ensure the probes do not get wet; keep the pit probe away from direct burning lump; do not try and use the pit probe to monitor a 600F pizza cook; the food probe should be wiped clean, not submerged or put in the dishwasher. 

Good luck, there are lots of choices.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jbajor
    jbajor Posts: 17
    Options
    I love the igrill! Smoke on!
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    +1
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • tillerman7
    Options