Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

9/29/12 Boston Butt (Pics)

War_Eagle_2244War_Eagle_2244 Posts: 85
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

I've always done my butts at 250 or below but this time I decided to try it at 275... it turned out way better than anything I've ever done!!!. I put it on at 11:40 pm last night and took it off at about 9:30 am. I had the Digi Q set to an internal temp of 190 but it actually got all the way up to 216 because I over slept. I thought it was ruined when I saw that but it was moister than any of the others I've done at lower temps and longer times. I think it would have been almost perfect if I had pulled it at 200 internal. The bark was really good & had some crunch to it...I haven't been able to accomplish that before. Anyway, I have definitely found my new technique!!!

Comments