Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

9/29/12 Boston Butt (Pics)

War_Eagle_2244War_Eagle_2244 Posts: 85
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

I've always done my butts at 250 or below but this time I decided to try it at 275... it turned out way better than anything I've ever done!!!. I put it on at 11:40 pm last night and took it off at about 9:30 am. I had the Digi Q set to an internal temp of 190 but it actually got all the way up to 216 because I over slept. I thought it was ruined when I saw that but it was moister than any of the others I've done at lower temps and longer times. I think it would have been almost perfect if I had pulled it at 200 internal. The bark was really good & had some crunch to it...I haven't been able to accomplish that before. Anyway, I have definitely found my new technique!!!

·

Comments