Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

9/29/12 Boston Butt (Pics)

War_Eagle_2244War_Eagle_2244 Posts: 84
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

I've always done my butts at 250 or below but this time I decided to try it at 275... it turned out way better than anything I've ever done!!!. I put it on at 11:40 pm last night and took it off at about 9:30 am. I had the Digi Q set to an internal temp of 190 but it actually got all the way up to 216 because I over slept. I thought it was ruined when I saw that but it was moister than any of the others I've done at lower temps and longer times. I think it would have been almost perfect if I had pulled it at 200 internal. The bark was really good & had some crunch to it...I haven't been able to accomplish that before. Anyway, I have definitely found my new technique!!!

Comments