Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Pizza Setup on Adjustable Rig/

QDudeQDude Posts: 573
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have an XL and the CGS adjustable rig combo package (spider, stone, etc...).  Going to finally try my first pizza tonight but am not sure what the best setup is to do an indirect cook using the adjustable rig.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·

Comments

• On my large, I go grid on top of AR, then stone for indirect, spacers, stone to cook pies on. That gets the pizzas nice and high in the dome. I'm doing few tonight...I'll post assuming they turn out ok...
    ·
  • What Quinn said.
    ·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 573
    So it takes two stones?

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,253
    I use two stones. One for indirect & one for pizza.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,464
    Some of us don't use any except the pizza stone we cook on. With the Adj Rig I cook direct.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,253
    Mickey said:
    Some of us don't use any except the pizza stone we cook on. With the Adj Rig I cook direct.
    I will try that next time as I seem to have trouble keeping my temp up sometimes.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,277
    With the xl rig you have a couple options.  Best to get the pizza stone high in the dome.  Use the plastesetter or XL Woo as the base with xl grid.  the xl rig goes top with xl rig grid and 17.5 stone.  

I do thin crust pizza, so use the xl woo and only the pizza stone and 425ish dome temp.   To goal is to have an even heat plume coming off the lump to heat the stone evenly.  

If the stone gets too hot, slide a foiled grid under or just remove the stone and finish the pizza on the grid (best with parchment paper under)

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·