Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

home made

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
My home made...rack extender. Another idea I pilfered from this forum. I especially use it on my spatchcock chicken with veggie tray on the bottom rack....another recipe from BGE forum.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• SoCal_Griller
    Options
    Very nice.  Doesn't the chicken fat drip on to the veggies?
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Optiontrader
    Options
    Very nice.  Doesn't the chicken fat drip on to the veggies?
    That's what I call recycling the drippings.  We make gravy out of drippings don't we?  In my old smoking days, (pre-egg) I, without thinking smoked a turkey and a ham at the same time with the ham on top.  When the smoke was finished, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the ham juice basted the turkey to perfection, and the flavor was fantastic.  I now look for ways to have the drippings perform double duty.

Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
  • henapple
    Options
    SoCal...yes. Great taste. Squash, zucchini, onion, mushrooms...whatever. Cut large pieces otherwise they'll be mushy. Pour a little chicken broth in the pan. I coat the veggies with evo, s&p. My kids hoarked them down.
  • henapple
    Options
    Thinking of reversing it. Spatchcock on the bottom...bacon on top.