Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

On The Menu For Today

dtun1dtun1 Posts: 32
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Smoked brats for lunch and choice rump roast for pulled beef sandwiches for supper. Cold beer on the side.

·

Comments

• Croatian meatballs, and ABT's for lunch with some beer on the side.  Then nap.
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,476
    First rabbits in awhile. Have pieces sitting in a simple marinade. Made some broth w. scraps, and will use that in a mustard cream sauce. Going to dig some fingerling 'taters. Mmmm, coneys an' 'taters, an' some golden celery on the side.
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Smoking a 8lb turkey breast to make turkey-q. Taking it over to my uncle's house. Poor guy got bit by a lone star tick and can't eat red meat or pork anymore.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,318
    Put a couple slabs of baby back ribs on the XL. The entire yard smells good right now!

Gonna have a couple beers and watch the Ryder Cup and football games.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • I'm gonna finally get around to using some bresaola I made on some pizzas with arugula...I'll post later. Some might find the bresaola making interesting.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    5 hours in, 4 pound chuck, stalled at 144 and has dropped to 140 now.  Egg rock steady at 270. 
  • dtun1dtun1 Posts: 32

Smoked brats for lunch. Rump roast for pulled beef should be done about 4.

Lunch.jpg 48.5K
    ·