Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Swordfish

TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 315
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Grilling Swordfish tomorrow night. Any suggestions?
·

Comments

• Salt pepper direct 400. Make sure it's med rare. I don't know the temp, I just do fish by feel but swordfish is amazing when left a little opaque in the middle. Sawdust when 2 minutes over. No pressure :)

·
  • love swordfish on the egg, i usually go 450-500 direct. I use olive oil salt and pepper on each side. Grill for 2 mins turn 90 degree 2 mins flip etc. leave slightly med rare as stated above.  great as is or top with pineapple mango cilantro salsa
    ·
  • Thunder storm came up and it canceled my grilling. I had to sear them on the cast iron skillet. Turned out great. Thanks for all the suggestions
    ·