Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sweet and Sour Shrimp (4 pictures)

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
It seems the wok fad of a couple of months ago has faded.  However, I had the yen for it after being in Italy for two weeks.  So, I decided to make Sweet and Sour Shrimp, using my Sweet and Sour Pork recipe.  Worked great.

I knew it was going to be a gourmet meal when I had to use a top shelf starter because my usual lighter stuff was out.

I had Pam (Mrs. W to you, Grif :-) use the deep fryer to fry the shrimp and the egg rolls. I do not do deep frying on the egg.

However, I do like stir frying, so I made the Sweet and Sour Shrimp on the wok.

Finally, at the table.  We had egg rolls that I had made a few months ago from the old Time Life series on Cooking - Chinese Cooking, and then froze.  They don't make egg rolls anymore like they used to, and this recipe is like the old days.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Gateway to the Hill Country

Comments