Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cutting board

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Read the post on cutting boards. This is my old but new board a friend built for me. Gonna start using it.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Looks nice from here.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Beauty! I like the grain matching across the inlay and the color change of the main block of wood. That'll be nice to use!
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    I suppose that you called it your old but new board because you haven't used it, at least very much. And I also suppose you didn't use it 'cause its just gorgeous. Still, having something so nice to work on will make prep that much easier.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Nice - what kind of wood is that?

I have a friend that used to borrow my pickup all the time to move stuff for his father-in-law, who had a pickup at the time but didn't want to "bang up" the bed.  Drove me nuts!

Once a year or two, I'll re-surface my cutting board table with a belt sander, and it'll look good as new.
    My wife is a bacteria nut...says it's unsafe. But I cook in the mancave, so I'm gonna start using it.
  • nolaegghead
    Bacteria persists longer on plastic cutting boards than wood.  I had pasted a scientific study a few days ago that made that conclusion - one of many.  Either way, you can wipe it down with some hydrogen peroxide between use to sterilize if that makes her feel better.
    It was made from cherry wood left over from my mantle. Nola, read your post...that's why I'm breaking her out.
  • nolaegghead
    hell yea!
    Father in law made this from scratch, cut in all designs etc. I remember him staggering and gluing together the different color combos, lots of work should last a lifetime.He made a few and gave them away to family.
    Seattle, WA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Very nice...plus it's from your family.