Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Roasting 2 Turkeys on the XL Egg

Don_PieroDon_Piero Posts: 65
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Canadian Thanksgiving is next weekend (Monday, October 8) and I need to roast two 15 pounders on the XL egg.  I paid extra for the larger grill, but was surprised how tight a fit it was last year for one 16 pounder when closing the lid. I had it standing up on a vertical roaster with a drip pan underneath on the grill. 

Question - Am I going to be able to fit two 15pound turkeys on vertical roasters on the grill or am I going to need to remove the grill and place them on the plate-setter to add extra depth - and is it safe to rest both turkey's on the plate setter, that a total of 30lbs Canadian (no metric conversion needed, LOL).

Piero from South Etobicoke in Toronto, XL-BGE

Comments