Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ with Bobby Flay

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Eggsperts,
The producing team at BBQ with Bobby Flay would love to see a big group of big green egg masters cooking together. Is there an event going on that we could cover? We just saw a demo of the Big Green Egg and we loved it! Now, we want to do a bigger story involving the egg. Any ideas?!
Thanks,
Aileen... the BBQ producer

[ul][li]http://foodnetwork.com[/ul]

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Aileen Martinez,[p]In Atlanta..in October ther will be the anual "Eggtoberfest"...I think the turnout last year was in the 4-600 range.[p]In Austin Texas,@ the Texas Eggfest in May we had almost 200 attend.[p]I think we can find room for You, Bobby and any of your friends!![p]Evans Tabor
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Hi Aileen
    The Eggtoberfest in Atlanta is the biggest egg event so far. I think they had over 75 eggs last year....all being cooked on at the same time. Just a spectacular display of a huge variety of foods.[p]Other fests have popped up since then....Florida in March or April, Maryland on May, Texas in late may, and several others. They are all great showcases to see passionate cooks doing their thing.[p]Best of luck! Not sure if I am considered a "master" but I will be in Atlanta this October!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Aileen Martinez,
    Like Chris(Nature Boy) said I don't really know what an eggmaster is, but there will be a lot of good folks at the Eggtoberfest in Atlanta in October, cooking on their cooker of choice re; The Big Green Egg.
    A lot of these folks are competition champions, and others are champions with their family and friends because of what they do with the Big Green Egg.
    Come on down with or without Bobby, because you will have a great time and enjoy a lot of good food!
    Hammer

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Umm, if you're not a master, I'd love to meet one. You're too modest! Can't wait to see if Bobby Flay catches BGE fever.
    Cheers,
    G.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Aileen Martinez,
    If you want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone come to The American Royal. Watch The Dizzy Pig Team and Dr. bbq fire up eggs in a competition.[p]Mike

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    hey, how about something a little more manageable for them, see a mini fest at the nature ranch. . .. you, brett, me, hatch, woo, col. pork butt, etc. ...we have enough local eggers to impress. .. .

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Gretl!!
    "blush"[p]I figger a "master" means ya aint gots nuthin left to learn. Still a WHOLE bunch of trails I aint yet walked down yet. Hell, i aint even seen the trailhead of a bunch of 'em! LOL[p]Hope you and the family are stayin cool.
    Have a great one!
    Chris[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    We're cool as a moose, thank you. I love hearing about the great work you're doing. Keep it up.
    Cheers,
    G.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Aileen Martinez,[p]Eggtoberfest is a sight to see. There, you will <stong>"everyday" people who have embraced the egg as a cooker (almost a way of life). People come from all over the country to participate and countless others come to see what this "egg thing" is all about![p]Come check it out, people will feed you well! [/b]