Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I think I have a problem!

BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 512
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have had my egg for 4 months and now look @ my shed. I have started hoarding lump, wood and eggcessaries. How about you.
Edina, MN

·

Comments

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,839
    It gets worse. I have lump, wood, grids, gadgets and a slew of other egg stuff all over the place. It's crazy, but fun!
    ·
  • I'd say that looks just about right! I don't know about you but my old gasser sits next to my egg as well and it seems to have mutated into some kind of storage compartment for my eggcessories! 
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,821
    Get rid of the non-egg items and you will have more room.
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 997
    I'm sitting on 400 pounds of dragon breath, ozark oak, Halls Hill, RO and BGE.  Worse yet, I just ordered 4 more 20 pound bags of Weekend Warrior.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • You're OK.  I used to worry too, and realized it's not an obsession.  I can quit any time I want to.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    i see no problem 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • I've got 30 bags in my garage. Like a squirrel hoarding nuts for the winter.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Get real dude. Get rid of the charcoal and the gasser, and get a cart for the egg.......You don't need anything but the egg.....(that is supposed to be a joke - not trying to be rude)
    LBGE
    ·
  • You're OK.  I used to worry too, and realized it's not an obsession.  I can quit any time I want to.
    Doc...  new here that is what the sell it wal mart i guess u recommend it ?  I see you are a pro on here 
    ·
  • DocWonmug said:
    Get real dude. Get rid of the charcoal and the gasser, and get a cart for the egg.......You don't need anything but the egg.....(that is supposed to be a joke - not trying to be rude)

Cart plans are in the works, need to design something that can with stand the MN weather.  Based on past experience it will never get covered up.

Edina, MN

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776

I don't see a problem at all.

So glad you can find lump in Dallas year round. Most I ever stock up with is 4 bags.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Bear,

I get RO at Walmart, and an occaisonal al Best of the West at Sam's.

Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,089
    For your table consider stainless. Mine is ipe wood, slate and epoxy grout. I built out to stand the weather...ended up keeping it in the mancave.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Yes agree docwonmug... Those other things that resemble ancient cooking devices need to go to make more room for a table and other accessories.
    ·
  • I have a problem apparently. I only have 1 bag of lump at home. Looks like I am in the minority and need to get my crap together. :)
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,145
    I have at least 300 lbs of RO and 110 lbs of WG. I think I might have to order 6 more bags of WG from ACE Hardware so going into the winter I won't have to worry. I just received a PSWOO 2 to go along with the PSWOO 3 and my adjustable rig. 6 stainless steel grates from Ceramic grill store along with 3 cast iron BGE grates. Along with a bunch more stuff that I absolutely need to have just in case. All for my two LBGE's.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, I don't see what might make you think there is a problem unless you are worried about running out of space to store your "tools". Now SWMBO might not see it the way we do.
    ·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 192
    I just got home with two bags and I thouhgt I was living large, now not so much thanks Doc. Oh ya you guys might want to check the expiration date on the bags  :)

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    Ellis said:
     Oh ya you guys might want to check the expiration date on the bags  :)
    Yep, and send me the expired bags. I will be glad to dispose them FREE of charge.
    :))

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • I am feeling better about myself after seeing and reading these posts. My 160 lbs is nothing! :)
    2 Large Eggs and no chickens. How's that work? :)
    ·