Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE adhesive backed high heat gasket = fail

SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,710
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
It was hanging in there good until a pizza cook. Failed and is all but burned away. I am going as is, if I ever change the gasket again, going with Rutland. My egg looks nice and clean though, and also a +1 for best of the west charcoal. Got nice chunks, bag was $5- and some change. Sparks like crazy but solid performance.
Seattle, WA
·

Comments

• StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    Happened to me too, ordering a rutland, same situation pizza.
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,786
    edited September 2012

Rutland applied with Permatex Ultra Copper is proven to work by tons of eggers over time.  For those still trying to make a decision on what to use, don't waste your time or money on anything else.

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • What size Rutland gasket would I use for a large BGE?
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,786
    edited September 2012
    What size Rutland gasket would I use for a large BGE?
    84" for a Large & 94" for a XL. Give or take a few inches depending on how much you "bunch it" when putting it on.

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • Love my Rutland gasket. Got my Egg up over 800 recently and the Rutland didn't blink.
    ·
  • Sorry. I know this has been covered. But - my gasket just Chernobyled - where do we get one?
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·