Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE adhesive backed high heat gasket = fail

SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,742
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
It was hanging in there good until a pizza cook. Failed and is all but burned away. I am going as is, if I ever change the gasket again, going with Rutland. My egg looks nice and clean though, and also a +1 for best of the west charcoal. Got nice chunks, bag was $5- and some change. Sparks like crazy but solid performance.
Seattle, WA

Comments

• StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    Happened to me too, ordering a rutland, same situation pizza.
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,790
    edited September 2012

Rutland applied with Permatex Ultra Copper is proven to work by tons of eggers over time.  For those still trying to make a decision on what to use, don't waste your time or money on anything else.

Packerland, Wisconsin

• What size Rutland gasket would I use for a large BGE?
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,790
    edited September 2012
    What size Rutland gasket would I use for a large BGE?
    84" for a Large & 94" for a XL. Give or take a few inches depending on how much you "bunch it" when putting it on.

Packerland, Wisconsin

• Love my Rutland gasket. Got my Egg up over 800 recently and the Rutland didn't blink.
  • Sorry. I know this has been covered. But - my gasket just Chernobyled - where do we get one?
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!