Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Prototype HI-Que

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,357
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
i had some trouble keeping temp on my large so i went out a bought i weber fire grid to test it out before buying the real mccoy hi-que grid . then after reading the forum found some members enlarged the holes on the factory grid thats all well and good and i thought hey that'll work . But its cast iron and could crack so being i work in a machine shop i thought i would try my own version . i got a piece of 316s/s same diameter and drilled .950 diameter holes in it. the factory grid has roughly .650 to .700 diameter holes on my grid so thats a minimum of .300 increase per hole for 34 holes a huge increase of airflow or so i hope .and when i got home my micro adjuster door from third eye arrived as well hopefully i'll get a chance to test it out this weekend  
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments