Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How long will a brisket last in refrig?

Options
piney
piney Posts: 1,478
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought a brisket Saturday have it downstairs in refrig, still in cryovac, how long will it last? I might be out of town this weekend and have to cook later. 
Lenoir, N.C.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    What is the sell-by date? Cryo-vac'ed meat typically has a much longer window than fresh-cut meat on deli trays. I bought a chuck roast on Monday(cryo) that had a "use or freeze by" date of 10/10/12. I have seen vac'd briskets and flanks at Wegman's that have expiration dates of almost a month.

Otherwise, just stick it in the freezer and pull it in the fridge 2-3 days prior to you cook(to defrost and then allow for dry-rub set-up time prior to your cook).
  • travisstrick
    Options
    I've gone 2 weeks. No problem.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • xraypat23
    Options
    all depends. technically you can wet age briskets 3-4 weeks in the cryo, just need to know the kill and packing date. As long as the Cryo is intact, no leaking air into it. a week-2 shouldn't be an issue.