Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lump and dealers in FL

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,713
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
For warranty claims can i go to any bge retailer? I bought mine from Ace hardware and i wasnt sure how warranty stuff worked with that. Also wheres a good place to get lump in FL(tallahassee area)
·

Comments

• Any Wal-Mart will carry Royal Oak lump. Warranty work...? What is it you need exactly?
    ·
  • Im just curious if the firebox breaks in the move, who would i talk to about it.  

Anything else besides Royal Oak? i kept hearing about publix lump
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,021
    For warranty claims can i go to any bge retailer? I bought mine from Ace hardware and i wasnt sure how warranty stuff worked with that. Also wheres a good place to get lump in FL(tallahassee area)
    Can't help you with the lump question, but, any dealer will process your warranty claim......They'll probably ask you to provide a photo of the claim........
    ·
  • EggerinLAEggerinLA Posts: 186
    edited September 2012
    If the firebox breaks in a move it is your fault. BGE shouldn't have to replace it and won't if it was your fault. Now you can lie to them and they might buy it. But I'm sure your a honest person who would never do that.
    ·
  • Anywhere else besides walmart for good lump? Ive been under impressed about Royal Oak

·
  • I've found Publix to be too hit or miss for my liking.  I've had 2 good bags, 2 bad bags.  The "bad" bags were a lot of dust and more small pieces than I like.  The dust led to more sparking and overall quite an extended time to burn off and get clean. 

I've found myself not trusting RO from WalMart either as of late, last couple of bags just haven't "burned right."  I've actually started shelling out the bucks for BGE the past couple of bags.  You can say what you want, yes, I know it's re-branded RO, but honestly, the last 4 bags I've burned, 2 RO, 2 BGE have been night and day difference.
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
    ·
  • They just got a new Academy. I'd check there. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,414
    Pinch penny pool supply has a large egg store. The son took me there before I bought my egg and it's on the north side of town and I believe it might be on Capital Circle.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • Whats Academy?  I saw pinch penny was a dealer, are there prices reasonable? My father in law gets his BGE bags of lump from Stones..i think he pays $26 a bag, here in Colorado Springs we pay $18 a bag.
    ·
  • Whats Academy?  I saw pinch penny was a dealer, are there prices reasonable? My father in law gets his BGE bags of lump from Stones..i think he pays $26 a bag, here in Colorado Springs we pay $18 a bag.

Academy is a sporting goods super store. They have them all over here in Texas. Most of my family lives in T town. That's how I know they just got one. They usually carry cheap lump.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Awe ok. Technically im moving to Havana FL. But my in laws work for FSU so its supposedly prettt close to T
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I'm down towards Tampa. I've used BGE and RO lumps, but Publix greenwise brand has been consistently awesome for me--good variety and some large pieces. I've never had a bad bag and I've bought about 10 this year. Did a couple RO and they were ok, but much smaller chunks than Publix. BGE brand I couldn't wait to get rid of since it was nearly all small pieces.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,713
    edited September 2012
    nice
    ·
  • Where is the lump located at in publix?
    ·
  • Wicked Good delivered to any ACE or buy from Humphrey's...$38 for a 40 lb bag delivered. The stuff you can buy from Sam's, Costco, or BJ's isn't bad, either. $20 for 34 lbs.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • kjedkjed Posts: 55
    Wicked Good delivered to any ACE or buy from Humphrey's...$38 for a 40 lb bag delivered. The stuff you can buy from Sam's, Costco, or BJ's isn't bad, either. $20 for 34 lbs.
    Sorry for the threadjack, but will any ACE anywhere get Wicked Good? I'm a New Englander transplanted to Cape Coral, FL (next to Ft. Myers), and I miss being able to walk into my local market and buy Wicked Good. Thanks for your help.

Keith
    ·
  • kjed said:
    Wicked Good delivered to any ACE or buy from Humphrey's...$38 for a 40 lb bag delivered. The stuff you can buy from Sam's, Costco, or BJ's isn't bad, either. $20 for 34 lbs.
    Sorry for the threadjack, but will any ACE anywhere get Wicked Good? I'm a New Englander transplanted to Cape Coral, FL (next to Ft. Myers), and I miss being able to walk into my local market and buy Wicked Good. Thanks for your help.

Keith
    Order online and select ship to your local ACE.
    ·