Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Egg Covers

papakippapakip Posts: 1
edited August 2012 in Forum List
I just got a custom stainless steel table built for my Large Egg. Its 62" wide and 30" deep. Does anyone know where I can get a custom weather cover built for it ? I got the "long" cover made by BGE for their table, but its not deep enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
·

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but of all the eggcesories I have purchased my cover has been the biggest waste of money. (it gets used the least)
    ·
  • Ctown1Ctown1 Posts: 2
    I got my custom cover at Coverworks. John did a great job. http://coverworks.nakedwhiz.com/
    ·
  • papakippapakip Posts: 1
    Thanks CTown...I'll shoot John an email.
    ·
  • I agree with Brownie as far as BGE covers are overpriced and underperforming. I had one made out of blue boat canvas by a custom boat cover maker. I've had it for ten years and it still looks good.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,397
    Hey papakip,

Give me back my table!!

Just kidding!  Tim used a photo of mine, the original with drawers by the way, for his ad.  Here is the cover that John at Coverworks made for me.  It was a couple hundred bucks, but you'll never buy another one!  Send John a photo and tell him to use the pattern for Mike Cooper then you won't have to do all of the measuring.

Enjoy it, it's a great table!!

Mike 

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • I use a motorcycle cover.
    ·
  • I found one at the Cover Store made to cover a Grill Island.  Fits my 72 x 32 table like a glove.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143837/finally-found-a-cover-for-my-new-table#latest

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA
    "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,397
    It fits it, but I sure wouldn't say like a glove.  OJ's glove maybe.
    :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • @BOWHUNR I like loose gloves.
    BakerMan - Purcellville, VA
    "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
    ·