Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baa Baa, Come Here Little Lamb....

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Did lamb chops tonight.  Don't do these often, and I wish I could, but they run around $15 a pound around here.

I disparage my cooks sometimes, but seldom brag.  I will brag on this one, it turned out wonderful.

Chops were marinated two days in Allegro Hot & Spicy.  The asparagus was marinated in two cups of water and one cup of lemon.  This was OK, but soy sauce is better.

Plain old sweet potatoes,.  The contrast between the chops and the sweet potato is indescribable.  This was so perfect you would expect it in a really high end restaurant.

Potatoes done in an oven at 450 for one hour, wrapped in foil.  Asparagus done for 10 minutes, and turned at the 5 minute mark, at about 350 direct..  Done on the XL with the warmed up steel plates at the same time as the chops.

Chops done direct, lowered grid, at 450 for about 5 minutes a side, until they were at least 130.

First time with the plates, and they did exactly what I wanted.  The chops were sizzling when I brought them in.  While the were still cooking, they were also keeping everything warm.

A big smile tonight.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments