Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Baa Baa, Come Here Little Lamb....

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,867
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Did lamb chops tonight.  Don't do these often, and I wish I could, but they run around $15 a pound around here.

I disparage my cooks sometimes, but seldom brag.  I will brag on this one, it turned out wonderful.

Chops were marinated two days in Allegro Hot & Spicy.  The asparagus was marinated in two cups of water and one cup of lemon.  This was OK, but soy sauce is better.

Plain old sweet potatoes,.  The contrast between the chops and the sweet potato is indescribable.  This was so perfect you would expect it in a really high end restaurant.

Potatoes done in an oven at 450 for one hour, wrapped in foil.  Asparagus done for 10 minutes, and turned at the 5 minute mark, at about 350 direct..  Done on the XL with the warmed up steel plates at the same time as the chops.

Chops done direct, lowered grid, at 450 for about 5 minutes a side, until they were at least 130.

First time with the plates, and they did exactly what I wanted.  The chops were sizzling when I brought them in.  While the were still cooking, they were also keeping everything warm.

A big smile tonight.

Pics to follow.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Comments