Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Leftover Pulled Pork Nachos

GreenEggAndManGreenEggAndMan Posts: 53
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I started to get a little hungry today halfway through the Carolina Saints game, and I figured that nachos would be the perfect way to finish off yesterdays pulled pork. I started out with a heavy layer of tortilla chips, fully covered by a layer of pulled pork which had been rubbed with a traditional dry coffee rub, topped with a layer of organic kidney beans, and then covered in a Mexican cheese mixture. I baked that in the oven at 350 for 10 or 15 minutes until all the cheese had melted. Once removed from the oven I layered with chopped romaine lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes and homemade guacamole. I had a nice homemade salsa that went along with it perfectly, and needless to say between my wife, the kids, and I there was nothing left over. 
IMG_2548.jpg 274.5K
·

Comments

• Yes, please!   =P~
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Man that sounds good. Nice to do something a bit different with left over pulled pork. I need to do some enciladas or tacos or something with some of mine (I've had enough BBQ sandwiches for a while).
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Quit twisting my arm...I'll take some.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Thank you for this idea we did this last night and it came out great.
    ·
  • I did this after this thread. Amazingly good. Did a little diff with seasoning but same concept. I'll never eat nachos with ground beef again.
    Boom
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    Great idea. We make pork filled baked potatoes.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Only thing better is to put them on the Egg instead of the oven, I do this a lot with the leftovers. We always have nacho ingredients on hand...
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
    ·
  • CullumCullum Posts: 214
    brimee said:
    Only thing better is to put them on the Egg instead of the oven, I do this a lot with the leftovers. We always have nacho ingredients on hand...
    Do you do them direct or indirect on egg? Any wood added to the cook?
    ·
  • Cullum said:
    brimee said:
    Only thing better is to put them on the Egg instead of the oven, I do this a lot with the leftovers. We always have nacho ingredients on hand...
    Do you do them direct or indirect on egg? Any wood added to the cook?
    Here's a pic
    It do them indirect cause my plates are oven safe but I don't think they are direct flame safe. I usually have some smoking wood from the chicken or beef that I cooked for the meat toppings or left overs from whatever the previous cook was. I don't get real technical with nachos.
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
    ·
  • Thats one of our favorite ways to use up pulled pork! We do it on the egg, indirect and use a heavy wilton armetale deep plate. Works great and keeps its heat. I like to add a ton of diced onion and peppers and do several layers of chips, meat, cheese/veggies. Throw on a few pieces of cherry or apple wood for smoke and there are never any leftovers. I'll have to try adding some beans, hadn't thought of that.
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE
    ·
  • We made pulled pork nachos as an appetizer Friday night and then never ended up eating dinner because everyone was so full.  My favorite use of leftover pulled pork!
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Looks good and delicious ......I have added this to my list of things to do with leftover pull pork
    ·
  • I am glad that there was something that I could contribute to the site considering the abundance of useful information here. I'd love to see some of your pics from your leftover nachos, and believe me that my next nacho cook will be performed on the egg. Cheers!
    ·