Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sweet Legs

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,003
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Legs marinated overnight in teriyaki.  Done on a rack, raised grid, direct at 400 for 30 minutes.  Veggies done a bit under 400, raised grid, direct, for about 15 minutes.

Pics to follow.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• Pics

• Nice job as usual Doc!  What veggie blend do you use?  I notice you use it a lot.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,003
    edited September 2012

Nice job as usual Doc!  What veggie blend do you use?  I notice you use it a lot.
    Almost every cook has those veggies.  Carrot chips, sweet peppers, zucchini, onions.  Sometimes broccoli or asparagus.  Sea salt, black pepper, and garlic.   We cut it fresh each night.

• Very nice, as always - Thanks Doc!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • I thought some of those green things were sugar snap peas, but obviously I wasn't looking closely.  Cut fresh daily?  That's great!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,038
    Beautiful Doc!!!!  Your garden must be something!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Some from the garden, some from the store.  We toss odds and ends in sometime, like pole beans, snow peas; what ever looks good.

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,434
    Great looking meal, Doc. You reminded me to get my leg rack out last night and put it to use. Forgot about it, thanks for the reminder.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GLWGLW Posts: 178
    Awesome!  I'm ordering a leg rack.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 599
    hey Doc... when you grill asparagus- what is that metal band you wrap them in? where is that from?
  • Serendipity.... I am doing asparagus tonight. I honestly don't remember where I got them.  Either Williams Sonoma or Sur la Table.

thanks- i will check it out!
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Serendipity.... I am doing asparagus tonight. I honestly don't remember where I got them.  Either Williams Sonoma or Sur la Table.
    Hey Doc, I remember:  Sur la Table
    I've been wanting a set, cant seem to justify pulling the trigger. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    yea i just found them there.
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 270
    This looks awesome.

How did you set up the grill? I have a large and not enough room for both?

Thanks
  • That was one on a LBGE, raised grid with a Woo.  I can't fit two on the Large, but can on the XL.

• Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 270
    Thanks Doc---I have the Woo3---I'm looking forward to trying this.
    Dan