Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zucchini Bread

Mighty_Quinn
Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
This a favorite way to use up the loads of zucchini coming from the garden this time of year-- 3 cups whole-wheat flour (I used King Arthur’s white whole-wheat flour) 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda ¼ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt 3 eggs ¾ cup apple sauce (or for less healthy option, veg oil of your choice) ½ cup honey 1 teaspoon vanilla 3 cups grated zucchini Mix up wet and dry ingredients into batter and pour batter into loaf pans. 325 until a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean...about 45 minutes. No worries of smoke flavor from the lump....in fact, next time I might add a little something sweet (peach wood chunks maybe?)and see how smoke goes with it. I think with the cinnamon and honey it'll be pretty good. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Mighty_Quinn
    Damn...that recipe was all on separate lines...the forum for some reason hasn't been recognizing using new lines/paragraphs when using iPad.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    @Mighty_Quinn look good have to try this thanks for sharing 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    I really like zucchini bread & yours looks great! Thx for sharing the recipe
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Mighty_Quinn
    No problem bigphil & R2...glad to. Forgot to put in there grease or spray with Pam the loaf pan and pretty much any kind of nuts mixed in the batter are awesome!
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks great, I will have to add this to the list of things to try! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    This a favorite way to use up the loads of zucchini coming from the garden this time of year-- 3 cups whole-wheat flour (I used King Arthur’s white whole-wheat flour) 
    1 tablespoon cinnamon 
    1 ½ teaspoons baking soda 
    ¼ teaspoon baking powder
     ½ teaspoon salt
     3 eggs 
    ¾ cup apple sauce (or for less healthy option, veg oil of your choice)
     ½ cup honey 
    1 teaspoon vanilla
     3 cups grated zucchini 
    Mix up wet and dry ingredients into batter and pour batter into loaf pans. 325 until a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean...about 45 minutes. No worries of smoke flavor from the lump....in fact, next time I might add a little something sweet (peach wood chunks maybe?)and see how smoke goes with it. I think with the cinnamon and honey it'll be pretty good. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    MQ, I edited your post so it is all separated for easier reading. Looks good. +1 for the applesauce. It keeps it moist and really helps with calories from fat(that way you can put cream cheese on top, awesome!)
  • Thanks Eggcelsior....formatting paragraphs is still screwed up with iPad. Test....I hit enter here twice and I'm guessing it'll show up after my first sentence in the same line.