Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

low and slow turkey

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,388
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
lets do everything wrong. cook it low and slow with only a pound and a half lump in the pit, cook it with half a bag of chips, use mustard with the rub, cook it upsidedown hanging in a rib rack, cook it til its done then cook it some more, pull it and add bbq sauce. what do we get, tasty sandwiches

its done, lets inject and cook it again

nice and crunchy now

lets not use a knife

lets eat

·

Comments

• FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,630
    Looks awful. I want some
    Boom
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,298
    what temp did you cook it to?
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,351
    Wow.  Just had dinner and now I'm hungry again.  Great way to show there's more than one way to successfully cook.
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,903
    Looks like my kind of wrong! Good job!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Awesome!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Yum. Wish i could cook that bad.
    ·
  • What a disaster,  ;) ;) Man, way to go, don't follow the rules and look what you get. Awesome looking meal.
    ·
  • The results look far to good to be an accident, be honest did you set out to do this or was it a wonderful accident?

Looks incredible. Great job, thanks for sharing.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,388
    The results look far to good to be an accident, be honest did you set out to do this or was it a wonderful accident?

Looks incredible. Great job, thanks for sharing.
    no, i was shooting for it, i wanted the texture of a low and slow for a pulled sandwich, its different than a roasted texture. i wanted more moisture so i injected it, never did that before. have roasted plenty of birds upsidedown, always more moist but not presentable for the table on the holidays, first time low and slowing upsidedown. i did the bird direct just because i wanted to. oh, it was good even though your supposed to roast a turkey in a pan over a platesetter at 325 to 375 degrees
    :))
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    Looks great, fishless! You rocked that one.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,246
    I wouldn't feed that to my dog, cuz I'd eat it all myself. Looks GOOD..

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • miscjamesmiscjames Posts: 78
    edited October 2012
    Ragtop99 said:
    what temp did you cook it to?
    ??... ya what temp each time...
    ·
  • Very nice and good pictures
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,388
    i brought it up to about 180 in the breast, figured with the added injection during the cook and the sauce dumped on later it would be fine
    ·