Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raspberry Chipotle repost

Options
bbqman
bbqman Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had my egg for about 3 weeks. Best three weeks of cooking I could ever imagine. I've had great success with mexican meatloaf, Guiness soaked ribeye, pork chops, pizza,various vegetables and most recently I tried and loved GFW's Rosemary Grilled Pork Loin. All this success got me thinking. . .[p]I have a wonderful grilling/marinade sauce which is raspberry/chipolte (mesquite smoked). I thought I would prepare a pork loin which had been sliced down the middle w/pockets and then stuffed with fresh raspberries and smoked chipotle peppers. Has anyone ever tried such a concoction or does anyone have any suggestions for items to include with the "stuffing"
besides the berries and peppers. After cooking low and slow with plenty of mesquite chunks I would drizzle the store bought sauce accross the top.[p]Will it work?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    bbqman,
    I responded earlier, but might have crashed with someone. Post is gone!!![p]Anyway, I love your idea, and that is what Q is all about. Coming up with new stuff and trying it. Sounds like you already have a nice combo of flavors...the raspberry some nice fruity sweetness, and the fire of the chipotles. [p]Fresh grated ginger might round the mix out nicely, or either garlic or shallots. Of course some fresh ground black pepper, and I am thinkin a dash of cinammon would be nice. Just some thoughts.[p]Sounds great...have fun!!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    bbqman,[p]I can say that I haven't tried this, but berries will give a lot of water. What I generally do when experimenting with pork loins is to take a thick pork chop and try it on just one. You can get a pretty good idea of what will happen with the whole loin. Dried fruits work pretty well with pork, like cherries, peaches, apples, and apricots. Let your imagination guide you, just one at a time until perfected.[p]Z

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    bbqman, I often take a raspberry (or cranberry) chipotle sauce, add bourbon (or port) & some brown sugar & then reduce it to baste my babybacks during the last 1/2 hour on the BGE. For a stuffing, I would probably add some dried friut to absorb the raspberry juices so that they don't drain out. ....just my thoughts. JCA
  • Fritz
    Fritz Posts: 179
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]Is your rasberry/chipotle sauce made from scratch, store bought or a trade secret?[p]Fritz
  • bbqman
    bbqman Posts: 7
    Options
    Fritz,[p]The raspberry chipotle sauce is store bought "Dan T's Inferno Raspberry Chipotle Grilling in Finishing Sauce"
    Dan T's web page is www.dants.com. I want to create a paste/chutney to stuff the pork loin with that would compliment the store bought sauce.

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    bbqman,
    I bought a huge jug of Dan T's at Sam's a few weeks ago. It's pretty damn good! I was really shocked. Mildly hot and sweet. I have used it on chicken and pork, so far. Really yummy.[p]Bama Fire

• Unknown
    Options
    bbqman,[p]They sell it at Costco also. Great stuff. Perfect with pork loin. My husband likes it so much he dips bread in it![p]