Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Turkey

Egghead_JoelEgghead_Joel Posts: 23
edited August 2012 in Poultry

Used a boneless Turkey breast and used some homemade rub on it. Basted with a sweet glaze and smoked with a little Pecan chips at 350. Was done in about 1 1/2 hours. Was fork tender and juicy. A bit on the salty side but not bad.

I used 1/2 the salt the rub recipe called for. Next time I'll try 1/4. Why are the majority of the rubs so very salty? Thanks

·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks good.  I love pecan smoked turkey.  Nothing like pecan for that rich brown coloring.
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,384
    Every cook after this will get better and better.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Looks great! The saltiness may be due to the choice of a boneless breast. The way some of those are processed they can contain sodium and be salty before the rub.
    ·
  • Looks great!
    ·
  • Indirect cook?
    ·