Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

italian bakery tray pizza

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,015
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
no parchment was burned during this cook even though the recipe for reasons unknown called for parchment in the pan LOL

you put a quarter cup oil in the pan, sprinkle in some garlic salt and then add the dough, adds a flavorful crunch. this was the simple inexpensive bluecollar pizza found in italian neighborhoods, most were bakeries at one time. its basically crust and sauce, mostly no cheese, some used dry parmesian, it used to be served stacked in a donut box and its really good stuff. i made it two ways, one regular and one hamburger onion, i only remember one place that added anything other than cheese or pepperoni and their hamburger was my favorite. this isnt the big sicilian pies you mostly see now, its a bakery tray pizza, some here might call it beach pizza in this area

Comments