Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Turkey

Egghead_JoelEgghead_Joel Posts: 23
edited August 2012 in Poultry

Used a boneless Turkey breast and used some homemade rub on it. Basted with a sweet glaze and smoked with a little Pecan chips at 350. Was done in about 1 1/2 hours. Was fork tender and juicy. A bit on the salty side but not bad.

I used 1/2 the salt the rub recipe called for. Next time I'll try 1/4. Why are the majority of the rubs so very salty? Thanks

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks good.  I love pecan smoked turkey.  Nothing like pecan for that rich brown coloring.
    Every cook after this will get better and better.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• Looks great! The saltiness may be due to the choice of a boneless breast. The way some of those are processed they can contain sodium and be salty before the rub.
  • Looks great!
  • Indirect cook?