Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Salado EggFest Blog is updated

2»

Comments

• I sorta sensed that from both of you. Could even be trouble without driving I think
    I was thinking to myself :"t's only an hour drive" then I laughed outloud and thought "do you know how much beer I can drink in a hour"? Bad idea

• I only live 15 min away and my wife doesn't drink.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Better we just meet on the site. Ask anyone who knows me

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven, I tell you what I will drive and you and LLoyd can partake of some fine Texas beer Shiner and Blanco.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,479
    I remember growing up in Texas - Shiner was one of the "cheaper" good beers back in the day.  Texas kept increasing the drinking age right after I kept hitting the previous age - back in the 80s.  Now Shiner is everywhere.  I can even get it here in New Orleans - everywhere.  It's kinda the Texas version of Abita.

• Nola, in the old days Shiner Bock was always the best the brewery offered. Now my favorite is wild hare. I wish I could find Abita here in Austin. Will have to wait till next week when I am in Shreveport.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,479
    I'm pretty sure they have it at Spec's - don't know if you have those in Austin.  It's fun to offer an out-of-town buddy a Turbo Dog.  Yeah, I still buy Abita Blonde....good stuff :)

• Nola, in the old days Shiner Bock was always the best the brewery offered. Now my favorite is wild hare. I wish I could find Abita here in Austin. Will have to wait till next week when I am in Shreveport.

Yep, I get it at specs all the time.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Will check out Specs today
    Abita is everywhere. Specs has them all

• I only live 15 min away and my wife doesn't drink.
    My god, I figured living with you would drive anyone to drink.........she must be some kind of saint or something

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    edited September 2012
    I only live 15 min away and my wife doesn't drink.
    My god, I figured living with you would drive anyone to drink.........she must be some kind of saint or something

John I had just about given up on you picking up that softball :!! Ps: he married so far up his station in life.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,712
    edited September 2012
    Mickey said:
    I only live 15 min away and my wife doesn't drink.

John I had just about given up on you picking up that softball :!! Ps: he married so far up his station in life.

a little slow on the draw for sure.

• Awesome! I will make it for sure.
    San Antonio, TX. LBGE.
    Wolf Studios Photography
    http://www.wolfstudiosphotography.com