Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First post - need help

GLWGLW Posts: 178
edited September 2012 in Sides

Newbie needing help.  How to post a bigger pic?

When in doubt add more pepper.
photo.JPG 3.3M
·

Comments

• If You are using photobucket click the thumbnail to enlarge and copy. Paste it in the post

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I wouldn't worry much, if you place the cursor on your picture now and click it blows up nice and big !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    Thank you! Love this place.
    ·
  • Great pic, welcome. I can even read the strength code of 3 on the dome band bolt... Looks fine. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Thank you. Never been on a blog in my life. But this place looks fun.
    ·
  • GLW said:
    Thank you. Never been on a blog in my life. But this place looks fun.
    if you do not use photobucket, when you click the attach file button below you can browse your computer for images and attach. Once you do that, there is an "insert image" button that will be on the small thumbnail image you downloaded. If you click that, it will show up as the large images you see in people's posts.

Now that you are thoroughly confused, welcome aboard 

·
  • CT,

I find when I copy and paste the enlarged image it shows up immediately. If I click on a thumbnail it takes a long time to expand and it's huge at first and then comes down to a good size. Maybe my puter but it's a pita for multiple pics

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • reh111reh111 Posts: 161
    I wouldn't worry much, if you place the cursor on your picture now and click it blows up nice and big !
    This - it blows up just fine and looks great!!!
    ·
  • CT,

I find when I copy and paste the enlarged image it shows up immediately. If I click on a thumbnail it takes a long time to expand and it's huge at first and then comes down to a good size. Maybe my puter but it's a pita for multiple pics

I use photobucket for 90% so you may very well be right.

·
  • Photobucket died on me about a year ago. That's why I only post old pics...well that and the fact I'm not a very good cook

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Photobucket died on me about a year ago. That's why I only post old pics...well that and the fact I'm not a very good cook

I just use the pics from the BGE cookbook (online version). I just have a weber kettle and I use matchlight charcoal

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    I post on my Android...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    That is a nice pic....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Haha,

I thought your egg was in various stages of usedness (?)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Wow, you guys are quick not to mention very helpful. I'm sitting in a treestand in mid mo right now aiming to score some back strap. I know nothing about blogging but I can hunt.

Again, thank you for all your help. I look forward to contributing.
    ·
  • Haha,

I thought your egg was in various stages of usedness (?)

I hope to get one some day. I just tell everyone those are my cooks to look cool on the forum. When someone asks a brisket question, i feverishly search other forums and cut and paste the answers on here. I've never cooked one myself.

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,496
    Time to raise your wrist watch (if you use one) over your head, as the bull$hit is getting so deep that is the only thing that will survive :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • lousubcap said:
    Time to raise your wrist watch (if you use one) over your head, as the bull$hit is getting so deep that is the only thing that will survive :)>-

you are no fun :))

·
  • lousubcap said:

you are no fun :))

But seriously, have you guys tried that matchlight charcoal? It has lighter fluid built right in! Whoever thought of that is awesome. sooooooo easy to light

·
  • Well now that we are admitting stuff, I just go back on the old forum and copy picks from 2000 and paste here. I am so ashamed. I really can't afford an egg but somehow I have convinced people I have eight of them. It feels so good to get that off my chest

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,690
    edited September 2012
    Well now that we are admitting stuff, I just go back on the old forum and copy picks from 2000 and paste here. I am so ashamed. I really can't afford an egg but somehow I have convinced people I have eight of them. It feels so good to get that off my chest
    Honesty and sobriety are the best policies. I try to live my life by those standards. Then all the small stuff just takes care itself. A little life wisdom from Centex today. You are all welcome.

·
  • Truer words were never spoken man

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,496
    And the watch just quit working!
    Louisville
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,690
    edited September 2012
    lousubcap said:
    And the watch just quit working!

I actually busted out on that one. Well played. We should probably give this poor gentleman his thread back before this just gets silly..........plus he is heavily armed at the moment. Centex out

·
    I'm fine and enjoying the show.
    Have a good evening.
    ·
  • GLW said:
    I'm fine and enjoying the show. Have a good evening.
    Sorry, I have to make a pizza now

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • GLW said:
    I'm fine and enjoying the show. Have a good evening.
    Sorry, I have to make a pizza now

If you use parchment, you are loser. it's all cornmeal these days in case you didn't know.

·
  • Man, I know nothing about pizza. Can't get the dammit things off the peel without waxed paper. They always taste funny too

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Man, I know nothing about pizza. Can't get the @#!*% things off the peel without waxed paper. They always taste funny too
    Let me go to my pizza forum to see if I can cut and paste you an answer. Give me 12 minutes

·
  • Don't worry about it bud. Wife picked up some of those sorta half cooked shells. Slid right off the peel...problem solved.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·