Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jalapeño Peppers

Options
bertscampers
bertscampers Posts: 136
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought a new rack to do up some Jalapeño peppers with cream cheese filling.  Can I do them direct or should I do indirect?  Temp?  I was planning on doing them and right after doing some wings on a raised grill 400-425 dome direct where the wings are dusted with cornstarch to make them extra crispy.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    I do ABT's (about the same as your description but wrapped in bacon) raised grid direct at around 350-375 on the dome-and wings with the same set up.  Use the bacon to determine when ABT's finished and with the wings-give them around 45-55 mins. Enjoy the journey-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bertscampers
    Options
    Once again, thanks for the advice @lousubcap.  I have wrapped the ABT's in pruscutto (sp?).  I didn't have bacon, I know it will dry up faster then bacon but will see.  Some how now matter what I do it always gets eaten.  I also bought some wicked good charcoal for a change (was using dragon's breath).  A few beers and it will all be good.

Cheers
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Once again, thanks for the advice @lousubcap.  I have wrapped the ABT's in pruscutto (sp?).  I didn't have bacon, I know it will dry up faster then bacon but will see.  Some how now matter what I do it always gets eaten.  I also bought some wicked good charcoal for a change (was using dragon's breath).  A few beers and it will all be good.

Cheers
    I also use my jalapeno rack under my drip pans when I do low and slows. It's a great way to elevate your pan off the platesetter. I have never actually used it for jalapenos :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bertscampers
    Options

Cheers
    I also use my jalapeno rack under my drip pans when I do low and slows. It's a great way to elevate your pan off the platesetter. I have never actually used it for jalapenos :)

I bought some bolts but that is another great use.  I also heard that some use a cheap cooling rack from the dollar store.  Thanks for the great idea.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Cheers

I bought some bolts but that is another great use.  I also heard that some use a cheap cooling rack from the dollar store.  Thanks for the great idea.
    There are a million ways to do it but I've been doing this for years and it works great for me.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX