Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

over nighter

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just started my first bb roast over the night. Wish me luck.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• tmuenster
    Options
    Are you using a Stoker or DigiQ?
  • henapple
    Options
    No. Waiting for Christmas. Just got the egg. Want one though.
  • tmuenster
    Options
    henapple said:
    No. Waiting for Christmas. Just got the egg. Want one though.
    It is a long story but I have both devices.  The DigiQ is nice if you are not going to connect to a network.  I got the Stoker with wireless before the CyberQ was out. 

The Stoker and DigiQ are really nice accessories for any smoker setup.  It will dramatically improve your BBQ.  It also takes a lot of the stress out of using the BGE for low and slow.  These devices make a long cook much more predictable.  It is almost like using a oven with very precise temperature control, which makes the cooking time easy to calculate.  It really makes it more convenient if you trying to hit a certain time for a dinner party or something. 

After using the DigiQ and Stoker for several low and slow cooks, I can honestly say I would not want to go back to adjusting the airflows manually.  You will not be disappointed with either a DigiQ or Stoker.
  • henapple
    Options
    Which do you recommend?
  • tmuenster
    Options

henapple said:
    Which do you recommend?
    It really depends on how you want to use the BBQ controller.  If you plan to use it with a computer network, then I think the Stoker may have the edge.  The DigiQ is excellent if you want a stand alone unit.  They are both great products and I do not think you could go wrong with either one.